Players who do not follow these rules will be jailed or banned. If a player is banned, their property will enter the public domain. We pride ourselves on having quality players over a higher population. These are the rules:
- No malicious activity which includes (but is not limited to) griefing, hacking, or theft. This includes unused mailboxes, unmarked chests, etc. If it's marked as a public container for taking, that is okay. Otherwise assume that all container contents are not for taking. If there is any doubt, please ask staff.
- Tasteful pranks are permitted
- As of Nov. 7th, 2015 all applicants must be 17 years of age and older or rare exceptions can be made for a parent/child team that plays together. If this is the case, expect a Skype interview, a longer application process, and additional rules to abide by that will be made aware to you during the Skype interview.
- Players are strongly encouraged to interact with the community. This means lending a helping hand and to do things together like exploring, building, working on large-scale projects, etc. We get that sometimes it's cool to be solitary, but we're trying to avoid the lone ranger types that just go off and you never see them again. Why bother playing Multiplayer?
- Behave civilly, and respect others. Be socially mature.
- Be mature (as in, the opposite of immature, not meaning mature as in Rated-R mature) and remember the golden rule, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. We are all about a positive experience on ImagineCraft and any negative behavior (aside from tasteful pranks) will result in you being banned.
- Profanities are restricted from use. This includes variants/abbreviations like "WTF", "dafuq", etc; however, we will allow the use of minor swear words, these include: damn, hell, and ass. Anything beyond this is forbidden.
- Things like Religon, politics, and other unsafe/taboo topics (examples include, but are not limited to: rape, suicide, and abuse) are not permitted. We have an adult channel in TeamSpeak and Skype both for heavy discussions like that. Keep in-game light hearted and friendly, as most people use minecraft to decompress and relax, not be roped into arguments.
- If you are posting an application you'll need to mention code swearfree
- Chat is to be kept family-friendly. TeamSpeak has a 17+ channel so you can be "adult" in there if you'd like, but our in-game chat is kept clean as we have a few under 17 that were here before the rule was passed to admit only 17+. Don't worry, they're exceptional and completely awesome.
- Purposely placing your warp sign in a location that will result in player death will result in a ban from the server.
- 5/23/16: Unused Community Center mailboxes should be kept empty to make it clear to new players, as well as staff, that these boxes are unused.
- Feb 4, 2017: Modifications to a community build when not a part of the initial design/build team requires that you reach out to the person(s) responsible for the community build to gain permission to make changes. If the player(s) who built the community build do not respond or if you cannot locate who it is, please reach out to the Admin team for permission to make modifications via the PLAYER REQUESTS section of the forum. Anyone making any changes to community builds without seeking approval or blatantly disregarding the procedure outlined here will be met with jail time at a minimum. For those that build a community build, please make sure to leave a sign or update the ImagineCraft wiki with individuals who participated/coordinated the build so a player knows who to contact if they wish to make modifications.
Game Mechanic Rules
- Player mods that defeat the challenge of playing on a semi-vanilla server are not allowed. -Examples include x-ray mods/resource packs for direct access to ores.
- Farms/Entities are not to exceed 100 entities for your farms, per animal type, (Ex. 100 sheep, 100 cows, etc.). Any player farms exceeding the entity count will result in staff slaughtering your livestock. To check your entities, press F3 and then look at the E: number as you focus your cursor on your livestock.
- Farms that passively spawn items must have a way of dealing with them, you must build in a passive dump for any extra items. Example:Extra items that do not fit into a containter(chest) fall into lava.
- Circumventing the AFK kick timer is prohibited.
- Players are allowed to AFK at farms in order to keep the chunks loaded; however, the server will kick you off after x many minutes. This is intentionally planned so as to allow the current active players access to the server resources (passive/hostile mob spawns, keeping up the TPS, et. al.). Anyone who intentionally rigs up AFK-machines or does things to circumvent the AFK kick will be jailed for their first offense. Circumventing is things like, jamming your space bar key so you continually jump up and down, or auto running into a wall, or the more slick options, creating a stream of water that is in a loop so you perpetually have your character move around indefinitely. Please write '"afkkick" on your app if you understand. If AFKing creates hostile mobs around you that are not automatically killed then you are tapping into server resources in a negative manner and the server will be impacted negatively. Again, infraction for this is jail time.
- 5/30/16: Item sorters that use droppers to constantly move items versus hoppers are no longer allowed due to the amount of lag they introduce to the server. Example: TangoTek Multi-Item Sorter. If you want to use an item sorter, please use a more heavy design with hoppers as hoppers are a lot more redstone efficient beating out any other type of redstone device.
- 10/25/2016: Due to Lockette causes lag/tps issues when hoppers are involved, you are not allowed to attach lockette signs directly to hoppers, or have a hopper interact with something with a lockette sign. Hoppers on protected land are fine. Example: Chest with a lockette sign touching a hopper are no longer allowed.
Internet/Social Media Rules
- Players are not permitted to advertise ImagineCraft on to the public Internet. This is solely a staff function. Public is defined as any place where anyone can access without requiring a username or a password to view the content.
- If you are rereading the rules to reapply for the server, post in colored font, ImStillHere.
- Do not make any Reddit posts or sign up for ImagineCraft accounts on 3rd party sites with the goal of recruiting. 3rd party is defined as any website OTHER than imaginecraft.org
- Players CAN use word of mouth referrals on Facebook--to friends only (not public) or utilize Instagram/Snapchat to post among their circle of friends.
- YouTube/Twitch streams are permitted as they showcase gameplay of ImagineCraft and are not solely focused on Recruiting.
- Posting screenshots of ImagineCraft accomplishments on other websites is permitted -- again, this is not with the goal of recruiting in mind -- but merely showcasing what our community is capable of.